In order to sign in, your RGU provider must first create a portal account for you in the system. They will generate a temporary password for you that will be valid for 72 hours, after this a new password will have to be requested.
- Sign in to your Patient Portal account by entering the email address and temporary password that was provided to you by RGU.
- You will be asked to verify your identity.
- Enter your e-mail address. We recommend you use a non-work email address, since employers generally have access to read email.
- You will be asked to enter a new password. Choose a password that is easy for you to remember. Follow the password rules to make your password more secure.
- The temporary password will be valid for 72 hours from the time it was issued, after that a new password will have to be requested.
**Note: A separate portal account is required for each patient, including children. The same email address cannot be used for multiple accounts.
Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to access your health record for RGU’s Patient Portal to:
- Update your address, insurance, and choose a preferred pharmacy to receive your prescriptions
- Update your allergy, medication, and personal history information
- Request medication refills. New medication requests must be done in the office.
- View documentation sent by your Urologist such as education material, lab results, and Clinical Summaries.
- Request a routine appointment. Someone from our office will call you to schedule. If you need an URGENT appointment, please call our office where your regular appointment was made.
** Laboratory test results may be subject to interpretation. Viewing results in this portal does NOT replace your office visit. It is important that you follow up with your provider to discuss these results. After you have confirmed your appointment, please remember to bring with you any labs, x-rays, CDs, recent studies and a list of all medications, if any**
DO NOT USE THIS PORTAL FOR:
- Urgent or emergent issues. Contact 911 or go to your nearest urgent care or emergency department.
- E-visits or e-consultations. The portal does not support this type of service.
- Billing issues or questions, please call our Business Office at 915-532-8823 ext. 313.
Guidelines for Portal Messaging:
- The Portals messaging capabilities are similar to other email tools, but a primary difference is that all Portal messages are saved to the patient’s permanent medical record.
- Please be brief and concise to avoid unnecessary multiple message exchanges with the physician or office.
- Messages may be read by the physician, nurse, or other authorized medical staff to facilitate your care.
Responses to Messages:
- Responses to Portal messages are normally sent within two business days.
- Responses to Portal messages, even though originally addressed to your physician, may come from the physicians nurse, staff, or other medical professional authorized to view and respond to messages.
Portal Security & Privacy
All access to our internal network and your Electronic Medical Record (EMR) is password protected.
You are required to keep your Portal user ID and password secure so that only you, or someone authorized by you, can gain access to your information.
If you think someone has obtained your Portal password, please go immediately to the Portal site and change it, and also notify us.
Your email address is used for sending RGU notifications and alerts regarding messages to you.
Please be aware that RGU will not send you emails asking for your credit card number, social security number, or other personally identifiable information.
We will protect your email address as we do your medical and personal information required by Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) under Protected Health Information (PHI).
If you think someone has compromised your email account or its password, you must take steps to ensure your privacy by utilizing the procedures recommended by your internet provider. If you change your email address for any reason and fail to notify us, you agree to hold us harmless from any claim or liability resulting from notices being sent to a former email address.
We strive to keep all information in your medical records correct and complete. Please notify us immediately if you discover any discrepancy in your medical record or with your personal information.
If you have problems with accessing your Portal account or you need Portal technical assistance, for the El Paso area call 915-225-2026 for Las Cruces call 575-522-7880. For urgent appointments you must call the office directly.
Rio Grande Urology-Central location
2201 N. Stant
El Paso, TX 79902
Rio Grande Urology-East location
3100 Lee Trevino, Suite G
El Paso, TX 79936
Rio Grande Urology-West location
7420 Remcon Cir Bldg A
El Paso, TX 79912
Rio Grande Urology-Las Cruces location
2545 Don Roser
Las Cruces, NM 88011
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE MEDICAL INFORMATION ON THIS LINE
Your call will be returned during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM. Calls placed after 4:00 PM may not be returned until the next business day.
Thank you for your interest in using the RGU Patient Portal.
Your Patient Portal Team
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged, confidential and/or protected health information and is intended only for the review of the party to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information contained herein may be a violation of federal law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately delete it and destroy it without reading it. Unintended transmission shall not constitute the waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.
The information contained in this medical record document is considered private and confidential patient information. This information can only be used for the medical diagnosis and/or medical services that are being provided by the patient’s selected caregivers. This information can only be distributed outside of the patient’s care if the patient agrees and signs waivers of authorization for this information to be sent to an outside source.
Patient Portal Logon: